Baylor medical school secondary application
Baylor Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2018 – 2019
- Indicate any special experiences, unusual factors or other information you feel would be helpful in evaluating you, including, but not limited to, education, employment, extracurricular activities, prevailing over adversity. You may expand upon but not repeat AMCAS application information. 2000 character limit.
- If you took a gap year there is a 2,000 character “What did you do during your gap year” question.
- If you are a career changer there is this: Is becoming a physician a second career for you? If so, what was your first career choice? (2,000 char)
- Please describe your primary research Interests for the PhD portion of dual degree training including potential Baylor College of Medicine or Rice University faculty with whom you would like to work. (Will not limit final research project or mentor selection) Limit essay to 2000 characters.
Cracking Med School Admissions
Tips & Checklist:
- Check secondary application deadlines for each school.
- When you receive secondaries, make deadlines for yourself about when you will complete them.
- Try to submit your secondary applications within 2 weeks of receiving them.
- Use the secondary application as a way to write about experiences that were not discussed in the primary application.
- Research each school and look for professors, activities, and programs that complement your previous experiences and interests.
- Proofread essays that you are adapting for various schools.
- Submit your secondaries early!
Baylor Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2017 – 2018
- The Baylor College of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Baylor College of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (Baylor Medical School secondary application limit 1000 characters)
- Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (Baylor college of medicine secondary1000 characters)
- Why have you chosen to apply to the Baylor College of Medicine and how do you think your education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion, upload as PDF)
Baylor Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2016 – 2017
- Indicate any special experiences, unusual factors or other information you feel would be helpful in evaluating you, including, but not limited to, education, employment, extracurricular activities, prevailing over adversity. You may expand upon but not repeat AMCAS application information.
- Baylor College of Medicine secondary limit 2000 characters