Icahn Mount Sinai Secondary Application
Icahn Mount Sinai Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2018 – 2019
Mount Sinai Medical School Secondary for MD Applicants:
- If you are currently not a full time student, please briefly describe the activities you are participating in this academic year. (100 words)
- If there is an important aspect of your personal background or identity or a commitment to a particular community, not addressed elsewhere in the application, that you would like to share with the Committee, we invite you to do so here. Aspects might include, but are not limited to significant challenges in or circumstances associated with access to education, living with a disability, socioeconomic factors, immigration status, or identification with a culture, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. Briefly explain how such factors have influenced your motivation for a career in medicine. Completing this section is optional. (100 words)
- What is the toughest feedback you ever received? How did you handle it and what did you learn from it? (250 words)
- Please tell us about a situation in which working collaboratively on a team was challenging. What did you do? What did you learn? (200 words)
Mount Sinai Medical School Secondary for MD/PhD Appilcants :
- Please describe an influential experience that motivated your decision to become a physician-scientist. (200 words)
- What is the toughest feedback you ever received? How did you handle it and what did you learn from it? (200 words)
- Please tell us about a time when an experiment didn’t go as planned or yielded an unexpected result. How did you approach this challenge and what did you learn? (200 words)
- What are your career goals? Which characteristics of the MD/PhD Program at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai do you believe will help you to achieve them? (200 words)
Cracking Med School Admissions
Tips & Checklist:
- Check secondary application deadlines for each school.
- When you receive secondaries, make deadlines for yourself about when you will complete them.
- Try to submit your secondary applications within 2 weeks of receiving them.
- Use the secondary application as a way to write about experiences that were not discussed in the primary application.
- Research each school and look for professors, activities, and programs that complement your previous experiences and interests.
- Proofread essays that you are adapting for various schools.
- Submit your secondaries early!
Icahn Mount Sinai Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2017 – 2018
- The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)
- Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)
- Why have you chosen to apply to the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and how do you think your education at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion, upload as PDF)
Icahn Mount Sinai Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2016 – 2017
- Please tell us about a passion (professional or personal) you have had thus far in your life. (250 words)