michigan state university medical school secondary application
Michigan State University Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2018 – 2019
- The College of Human Medicine implemented a new curriculum in the fall of 2016. Describe your understanding of this curriculum. Explain which of your attributes/strengths will assist in being successful in this curriculum. Explain how you will address any challenges it might pose. Please limit your response to 250 words or less.
- Discuss a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. What were the challenges? What did you learn? Please limit your response to 250 words or less.
- If you could present yourself to the Committee on Admissions, what would you want to make sure they knew about you? Please limit your response to 250 words or less.
- Thoroughly review the CHM course Prerequisite Model Options as outlined on our website. Which course prerequisite model are you applying to CHM with? (choose between options)
Cracking Med School Admissions
Tips & Checklist:
- Check secondary application deadlines for each school.
- When you receive secondaries, make deadlines for yourself about when you will complete them.
- Try to submit your secondary applications within 2 weeks of receiving them.
- Use the secondary application as a way to write about experiences that were not discussed in the primary application.
- Research each school and look for professors, activities, and programs that complement your previous experiences and interests.
- Proofread essays that you are adapting for various schools.
- Submit your secondaries early!
Michigan State University Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2017 – 2018
- The Michigan State University College of Human Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)
- Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)
- Why have you chosen to apply to the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and how do you think your education at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion, upload as PDF)