Penn State medical school secondary application
Penn State Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2017 – 2018
- The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)
- Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)
- Why have you chosen to apply to the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine and how do you think your education at Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion, upload as PDF)
Cracking Med School Admissions
Tips & Checklist:
- Check secondary application deadlines for each school.
- When you receive secondaries, make deadlines for yourself about when you will complete them.
- Try to submit your secondary applications within 2 weeks of receiving them.
- Use the secondary application as a way to write about experiences that were not discussed in the primary application.
- Research each school and look for professors, activities, and programs that complement your previous experiences and interests.
- Proofread essays that you are adapting for various schools.
- Submit your secondaries early!
Penn State Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2016 – 2017
- Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)
- Explain why you decided to apply to Penn State College of Medicine. (Maximum 75 words)
- Please write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting. (Maximum 250 words)
- Briefly describe an experience where you had to navigate a complex system (e.g. personal experience, group activity, or development of a project) to achieve an end.
- Reflect on the qualities and attributes required by you to achieve success in this experience. (Maximum 250 words)