university Of Cincinnati medical school secondary application
University of Cincinnati Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2018 – 2019
- If you will not be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program between now and matriculation, provide a thorough explanation of all activities planned between now and your matriculation into medical school (Fall 2019). (1000 characters)
- Briefly describe what specific resources or opportunities offered by the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine you intend to utilize as a medical student and explain how these are consistent with your own interests. Please consider the uniqueness of our opportunities, our institution, our city, and/or our mission. (2000 char)
- The University of Cincinnati is highly committed to selecting and cultivating students who can transform the field of medicine through the use of their distinct talents and attributes. Please tell us how you offer “diversity of thought” to our incoming class. Please also consider sharing unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background that represent the diversity that you bring. (2000 char)
Cracking Med School Admissions
Tips & Checklist:
- Check secondary application deadlines for each school.
- When you receive secondaries, make deadlines for yourself about when you will complete them.
- Try to submit your secondary applications within 2 weeks of receiving them.
- Use the secondary application as a way to write about experiences that were not discussed in the primary application.
- Research each school and look for professors, activities, and programs that complement your previous experiences and interests.
- Proofread essays that you are adapting for various schools.
- Submit your secondaries early!
University of Cincinnati Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2017 – 2018
- The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)
- Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)
- Why have you chosen to apply to the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and how do you think your education at University of Cincinnati College of Medicine will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion, upload as PDF)
University of Cincinnati Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2016 – 2017
- Were you ever the recipient of an institutional action (i,e. disciplined, probation, suspended, or dismissed) by any college, university, or medical school for unacceptable academic performance or conduct violation, even though such action may not have interrupted your enrollment or required you to withdraw? If yes, please explain fully below. (750 characters)
- Have you ever participated in a pre-conviction program or been convicted of, pled guilty, or no contest to: a felony and/or criminal offense (include information even if charges have been dropped or dismissed)? If yes, please explain below. (1000 characters)
- Have you ever been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to, any moving traffic violations (moving violations include speeding tickets)? If yes, please explain fully below. (750 characters)
- Have you ever matriculated at or attended any medical school as a candidate for the M.D. degree? If yes, please explain below. (750 characters)
- If you will NOT be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (e.g., you are completing a gap year) between August 2016 and June 2017, please click the button below. Then, in 1000 characters, provide a thorough explanation of all activities planned between now and your matriculation into medical school (Fall 2017). (1000 characters)
- Briefly describe why you wish to enroll at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. If applicable, please include any personal connection that you have to the University of Cincinnati, our medical school, the Cincinnati area, or our academic health center. (1000 characters)
- If the healthcare profession did not exist and we did not need healthcare providers, what other occupation(s) would you find personally desirable and why? (1500 characters)