Mayo medical school secondary application
Mayo Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2018 – 2019
Submit answers to the following questions (500 words or less each)
- Why are you specifically interested in pursuing your medical education at Mayo Clinic School of Medicine even if you gain acceptances to other highly ranked medical schools
- We are all unique in different ways. Explain how your personal diversity manifests in your personal and professional activities.
- Share with us your thoughts about the relevance – or not – of diverse learning environments in which you wish to learn medicine.
Cracking Med School Admissions
Tips & Checklist:
- Check secondary application deadlines for each school.
- When you receive secondaries, make deadlines for yourself about when you will complete them.
- Try to submit your secondary applications within 2 weeks of receiving them.
- Use the secondary application as a way to write about experiences that were not discussed in the primary application.
- Research each school and look for professors, activities, and programs that complement your previous experiences and interests.
- Proofread essays that you are adapting for various schools.
- Submit your secondaries early!
Mayo Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2017 – 2018
- The Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)
- Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)
- Why have you chosen to apply to the Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN and how do you think your education at Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion, upload as PDF)
Mayo Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2016 – 2017
- There were no essay prompts in the secondary application for this application cycle – just an application fee.