university Of Rochester medical school secondary application
University of Rochester Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2017 – 2018
- The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)
- Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)
- Why have you chosen to apply to the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry and how do you think your education at University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion, upload as PDF)
Cracking Med School Admissions
Tips & Checklist:
- Check secondary application deadlines for each school.
- When you receive secondaries, make deadlines for yourself about when you will complete them.
- Try to submit your secondary applications within 2 weeks of receiving them.
- Use the secondary application as a way to write about experiences that were not discussed in the primary application.
- Research each school and look for professors, activities, and programs that complement your previous experiences and interests.
- Proofread essays that you are adapting for various schools.
- Submit your secondaries early!