Virginia Tech Medical School secondary application
Virginia Tech Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2018 – 2019
- Tell us about constructive criticism you have received, or a personal challenge you have experienced, that you found particularly impactful. Please describe how that experience has advanced your development as a future physician thought leader. (600 words, 400 word min)
- Explain how interactions with people who are different from you have shaped your world view and relate how you would enrich the VTC community. (600 words, 400 word min)
- What, in your opinion, makes the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine different, and why is that important to you? (600 words, 400 word min)
Cracking Med School Admissions
Tips & Checklist:
- Check secondary application deadlines for each school.
- When you receive secondaries, make deadlines for yourself about when you will complete them.
- Try to submit your secondary applications within 2 weeks of receiving them.
- Use the secondary application as a way to write about experiences that were not discussed in the primary application.
- Research each school and look for professors, activities, and programs that complement your previous experiences and interests.
- Proofread essays that you are adapting for various schools.
- Submit your secondaries early!
Virginia Tech Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2017 – 2018
- The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Roanoke strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Roanoke community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)
- Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)
- Why have you chosen to apply to the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Roanoke and how do you think your education at Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Roanoke will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion, upload as PDF)
Virginia Tech Medical School Secondary Application Essay Prompts: 2016 – 2017
- VTC’s curriculum fosters a culture of compassion through its community service learning initiatives. Through their inter-professional learning group projects (IPL), students demonstrate leadership and innovation while making a positive difference in the community. Describe an event or a time when your personal contribution was instrumental to the success of a team or made a positive impact on someone else’s life. (500-600 words)
- VTC is committed to strengthening the diversity of its community. Through interactions with a heterogeneous population, people broaden their knowledge about other cultures and ultimately develop the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with others. Tell us about how your life experience has broadened your perspective of the world and relate how you would add to the diversity of your class, if admitted to VTC. (500-600 words)